First of all, huge thanks for visiting my website. I’m Martin, the guy who controls Martin Makowski Photography. Over the past 7 years, I have been professionally photographing weddings across Nottinghamshire, the UK and beyond. The magic of photography and its unique ability for preserving memories has always fascinated me. I explore my creativity and curiosity mainly through photography, but also drawing, painting, cooking and DIY!
My wedding photography adventure began over eight years ago, when I was asked by a friend of mine to photograph her wedding. Anxious but also excited I said OK, and that was it! I was hooked from the first click and since then, I have been putting all my heart and energy into documenting wedding day stories for couples who share the same ideology on what the wedding photography is about! Human element rather than ‘wedding things’!
I live in Nottingham with my wife Gosia, our two crazy boys; David and Sebastian, our cat Zdzicho (try and have a go at pronouncing it), and our two pet rats: Grey and Black. Our house is never quiet. Let’s be honest, it’s a bit mad!
I love taking photos of my kids. For me, it’s about creating a real visual reflection of who they are, as they are! They scream, they shout, they fight, they laugh, they cry, and they mess about a lot – that’s them! I take real pictures that show their personalities and what they’re up to, no need to say “cheese!!”. Honest documentation of their lives so in the future, it will remind them what their childhood and our family life were like.
I approach wedding photography in the same way as I do family photography.
It’s about creating a visual record of a true ‘now’ which will soon become the ‘past’. This is documenting life and the family history.
- I take life easy, I always have.
- Sourdough baking is a huge passion of mine. If you need me and can’t find me, I’m probably in the kitchen kneading some dough. If I’m not kneading the dough, I’m in the kitchen anyway. I cook a lot!
- I love chilli and spicy food. Spicier the better! A meal without a kick doesn’t feel complete to me.
- I draw and paint. When the idea for an artwork gets in my head, it won’t leave my mind till it’s executed. Always appreciated graffiti and street art related things.
- I dream of great travels but don’t really travel that much. I gonna keep on dreaming and time to turn those dreams into reality will come.
- I love skateboarding!
- I hate to hate, but I really hate hearing other people eat. Sounds of chewing or chomping make me cringe!